Our Rental Rating Program
In order to uphold our unit quality standards and provide guests with accommodations that meet or exceed their expectations, Premier Vacation Rentals Group applies to following evaluation and rating process to all units enrolled in our rental program. Units are evaluate on an annual basis and are scored using the below rating criteria.
New or like
This score is given to unit features if the item is either obviously five years old or less, or it is in excellent condition and has suffered no visible wear.
This score is given to a unit features if the items are obviously older than five years and/or shows some minimal signs of wear (e.g. faded or slightly worn fabric, carpet that is traffic worn, but not stained, torn or discolored, appliances that do not have modern features, but have no other signs of wear (e.g. dials instead of digital controls)).
This score is given to unit features if the items are worn beyond its recommended use or inoperable.(e.g. torn or stained fabric beyond cleaning or repair, torn or stained curtains beyond cleaning or repair, drapery mechanisms that no longer function and cannot be fixed, pitted faucets, broken or grout deficient tile, stained, torn or traffic worn carpet, furniture missing wheels or other components, appliances with chipped paint and inoperable features).
Valuing Key Features
There are certain items in each unit that are consider “key features”, as the quality of these items is particularly important to our customers. These items include televisions, appliances, mattresses and box springs (where applicable), window coverings, and bathroom tile. Items in these categories that score a 2 or 1 will be further penalized by a corresponding subtraction from the total score and may result in score value of 0 and -1 respectively.
Understanding Unit Scoring
The units will receive a score as follows:
1. Once each item in the unit is scored a total possible score will be calculated assuming the unit had scored a 3 on every item. There are 48 items to score in a one-bedroom unit. The total possible score for a one bedroom would be 48 X 3 = 144.
2. The unit total will be a sum of all scores the unit receives. A one-bedroom unit might receive a score of 135.
3. A percentage will be calculated of total points/ total points possible. In the one bedroom example, the unit would score 135/144 = 93%.
4. The unit will receive a grade using the following scale:
100 – 90% = A (approximately 75% of items score a 3, 25% score a 2)
89 – 80% = B (approximately 30% of items score a 3, 70% score a 2)
79 – below = C
5. Units scoring below 90% will be considered by Premier Vacation Rentals for further action up to and including suspension from the rental program.